From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Bradley Stone
Sent: Thursday, May 09, 2013 4:50 PM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: Re: Development box is back online

I've used an air compressor on my equipment for years without issue. Even
when I'm fixing a neighbor's/friend's computer (you know, they're always
CAKED with dust). It also works great for RC cars. lol..

My 515 is heavy so I only take it down to the shop once every couple years,
though (normally when I need to replace the disk cache battery).

But, I have one old Toshiba laptop (maybe 8 years old) that is an "everyone
can use" laptop that will be there in the entry way until it dies.

Every couple months when I hear the fans running heavy on it (just sitting
there not doing anything) I take it down to the shop and blast it with the
compressor. Then it's fine and runs normal temps.

Yes, I'm one of those that never turns off any computer (monitors are set
to shut off after so long though).

And no, I won't change my ways with the compressor or shutting them off. :)

Brad
www.bvstools.com