I'm confused. The default behavior of SBMJOB is to copy the library list from the job that executes the SBMJOB. At least it was so at V5R4 which is the most convenient OS I have to check at the moment. The options for INLLIBL are *CURRENT, *JOBD, *SYSVAL or *NONE. I suppose you could construe *NONE as meaning to ignore the library list. That is the default behavior only if you CHGCMDDFT on SBMJOB. Has this changed in later releases?

-----Original Message-----
From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Stone, Joel
Sent: Wednesday, May 08, 2013 3:22 PM
To: midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: JOBD analysis

Wouldn't a better approach when designing the OS - to address the "root cause" of the problem - be as follows:

Have a JOBD entity, and have a LIBL entity, and NOT try to combine them into one entity?

Then JOBD could point to a LIBL, which would contain individual libraries.

It seems so obvious doesn't it - in hindsight? Especially since the default when SBMJOB is run is to IGNORE the LIBL portion of the JOBD anyways!!!

BTW why is the default of SBMJOB to ignore the LIBL? That seems a bit counter-intuitive doesn't it?