Working /correctly/ as coded; thus probably a .feeture. ;-) Whether that is working-as-designed is moot, after having always functioned that way... since the S/38, I believe. The value passed on the INCREL parameter has an actual or effective length attribute [ELEM TYPE(*X) I believe; someone could use their version of a RTVCMDSRC to validate that], and the /field/ being compared against the specified /value/ elment is compared only up to the length of the literal value that was specified. Thus the comparison is effectively the following predicate [as expressed using SQL; e.g. as a predicate in a WHERE clause]:
left(LMLL, length('BR_T')) = 'BR_T'

At the command line [i.e. a command string without a CL variable for the /value/ element of the Include Relationship], to copy just the one row with the value 'BR_T', use the following specification:
INCREL((*IF LMLL *EQ 'BR_T '))

Or similarly, as I had explained here:

Regards, Chuck