I did a 9406-550 to 8205-E6C migration April 2012, V6R1M1, had several issues related to not having the latest LIC (F at the time) and required PTFs for Power7 hardware, also double check your firmware levels. I had to IPL the Power7 from LIC respinF, trying to restore the LIC from the Power5 caused the issue. In other words we did whats called (SLIP the LIC)
Power7 migration complete, (8 hours total, 2 hour restore 21) This was with LTO3 backup, LTO5 restore using LTO3 media, to SSD drives.

Paul

-----Original Message-----
From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of DrFranken
Sent: Wednesday, May 01, 2013 1:10 PM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: Re: POWER 7 Upgrade

It's not at all about 'the money' it's about who's really still running i 6.1. and getting the most numbers of folks to the current release.
With this feature you have to WANT or NEED to run 6.1 because it's about $1000. If you don't want or need it you'll go to 7.1, save the $1000 and IBM will know you're not running 6.1 because you cannot.

- Larry "DrFranken" Bolhuis

www.frankeni.com
www.iDevCloud.com
www.iInTheCloud.com