www.frankeni.com
www.iDevCloud.com
www.iInTheCloud.com

On 4/30/2013 2:26 PM, Fred Horvat wrote:

The value from QPRCFEAT : Processor Feature 7450

-----Original Message-----
From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of DrFranken
Sent: Tuesday, April 30, 2013 11:15 AM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: Re: CPI1479 MSG - Interactive Activity Approaching installed
Capacity

Most likely you are on a POWER5 server which is not an 'Enterprise'
machine. This means that it does not have the full CPU available for
Interactive workload. When you approach the enabled interactive capacity
that's when you get this message. If you send us the value from system value
QPRCFEAT we can tell you what the percentages are for your machine.

The interactive quantity available is based on what you purchased with the
machine. With all the 'smaller' POWER6 and 7 servers today (i.e.
P05 and P10 machines) this is now handled differently, you can use all the
CPU for interactive OR batch but you purchase user licenses instead.

- Larry "DrFranken" Bolhuis

www.frankeni.com
www.iDevCloud.com
www.iInTheCloud.com