On 25 Apr 2013 10:48, John Mathew wrote:
I would like to change a PF file size to *NOMAX. How can I change
the size.

CHGPF The_Lib/The_PF SIZE(*NOMAX) ALLOCATE(*NO)

Use ALLOCATE(*SAME) if a notification of the existence of pre-allocation is desirable; i.e. force the request to fail if incompatible with its Allocation attribute specification. See my later comments.

and also how do I check if the physical file is used in any other
programs.

DSPPGMREF against programs is a way, with whatever caveats for the /name/ of the file; e.g. overrides, dynamic naming, ¿others?

If I change the size to *NOMAX will it impact other programs.

If the file was previously defined with ALLOCATE(*YES), there can be possible concerns, possibly for performance due to dynamic allocations [i.e. extents] vs using the initial allocation; mostly if the file is used as a /model/ file, from which CRTDUPOBJ is used to create a local copy into which data is placed. Any /programs/ that outputs to the file will no longer be protected from /accidents/ or defects whereby the program unintentionally adds significantly more data to a member than expected to ever be there [per its allocation specifications for the Initial number of records, Increment number of records, and Maximum increments for the Member Size settings].