Re: how to build a CL command with OPTIONAL parms - help!

fixed

On 4/18/2013 5:58 PM, Stone, Joel wrote:
Thanks Vern. But I made the length 502 and still see the same error
- CPD0162 "Parameters do not match those in program SET_ENVR".

When I tried your command and the 4-parameter version of your CL, it worked fine. v5r4.

I hardcoded my program to just do

chgvar &dblib 'hello'

In my test program, I coded the dblib parameter on the command.

dcl &x type(*char) len(10)
testcmd dblib(&x)
sndpgmmsg &x

and &x got set to 'hello'.

Maybe you have another version of the old program or command in the library list?