From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Steinmetz, Paul
Sent: Monday, April 15, 2013 4:03 PM
To: 'Midrange Systems Technical Discussion'
Subject: RE: 9406 515 vs 8203 E4A

Pete,

We were using multiple 2780, 775 mb write cache. The P7 internal controller was only 175mb cache, less than 1/2 of P7 5805 (380mb cache) (P5 with 5709 was 40mb). Because of our high IO, everyone agreed the CEC cntl would be a potential performance bottleneck. Also confirmed by MPG performance planning tool.
Other factors.
Not hot swappable, battery maint.
Limited to number of arms that could be supported (8-12) SSDs are not supported in the externally attached disk drawer

Paul