John,

Not true when the CLP is the CPP of the CMD. And OP is talking about a command, so I assumed CL is the processing programme.

Regards,
Carel Teijgeler

On 12-4-2013 23:31, John Yeung wrote:
On Fri, Apr 12, 2013 at 5:17 PM, Carel <coteijgeler@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
IIRC the old technique in CLP was to globally monitor for MCH3601
without doing nothing or put that MONMSG on each CMD variable in the CLP

Not passing a PARM is not passing a pointer, which MCH3601 tells you.

I believe the program has to be of type CLLE, not CLP. At least up to
V5R4, a plain CLP will not even run with an unpassed parameter. (The
job attempting to call the CLP gets CPD0172: "Parameters passed on
CALL do not match those required.")

John