On 08 Apr 2013 11:38, lketzes@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Quick question - Does anyone know of a way to quickly delete a job
and all spool files associated with it?

For an active job:
ENDJOB JOB(named) SPLFILE(*YES) LOGLMT(0) ADLINTJOBS(*ALL)

For an already ended job for which any QPJOBLOG had been defined to detach [spooled as SPLFACN(*DETACH)] then:
ENDJOB JOB(named) SPLFILE(*YES)

Then [typically in the latter case and less typical in the former], for any remaining QPJOBLOG spool files, repeat the following request until CPF3342 "Job /named/ not found" is issued:
DLTSPLF QPJOBLOG JOB(named) SPLNBR(*LAST)

In either case, if other [than QPJOBLOG] spools are detached, then the ENDJOB SPLFILE(*YES) request is not so helpful to effect the deletion of the spools that the job had created. But then, being detached, those spool files are not associated with a job, so the job still goes away.

Note: Detection of a /joblog/ for the purpose of the SPLFILE(*YES) processing [see the help text], is purely by SPLFNAME() attribute