Seems I had managed to drop the following link and text from my prior reply. The text from that old message should have been included, because the issue in that old message was more like the first message "String data right truncation" described as received from ODBC; i.e. the first error described in the OP for this thread.

http://archive.midrange.com/rpg400-l/201110/msg00186.html
"... sqlstate [is] a '01004' to inform me that 'The value of a
string was truncated when assigned to another string data type with a
shorter length.' ..."

I had mentioned the /date adjustment/ as an example instead of the string truncation, only because I could not figure out to what "Column 9" referred. Thinking again about the given SELECT statement, I suppose if each column\expression in the select-list were null-capable, then the 9th reference variable [each expression and then each with an indicator variable] could be for the SUM aggregate expression. Thus if the FETCH of the summed column CLITO was into a string variable that was not large enough to hold the numeric value, that could be an issue.?

Regards, Chuck