Quoted program name must be ALL CAPS.

Paul

-----Original Message-----
From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Gary Kuznitz
Sent: Saturday, April 06, 2013 11:41 PM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: Re: Data not getting written to /tmp

Since I can't figure out why with one set of data it works and another set
it doesn't I'd like to try a different approach.

I had:
C MOVEL CmdA Command
C Eval CmdLength = %Len(%Trim(Command))
C Call 'QCMDEXC' 50
C parm cmda
C parm cmdlength
So it ran the cmd inside RPGLE
I change it to:
C MOVEL CmdA Command
C Eval CmdLength = %Len(%Trim(Command))
C Call 'runcmd' 50
C parm cmda
C parm cmdlength

Hopping it would call a CLLE program that looks like this:

PGM PARM(&CMD &cmdlen)
DCL VAR(&CMD) TYPE(*CHAR) LEN(254)
DCL VAR(&CMDlen) TYPE(*CHAR) LEN(4)

CALL PGM(QCMDEXEC) PARM(&CMD 254)
EndPgm

I'm getting an error saying:
Message ID . . . . . . : MCH3401 Severity . . . . . . . : 40

Message type . . . . . : Escape

Date sent . . . . . . : 04/06/13 Time sent . . . . . . :
20:03:31

Message . . . . : Cannot resolve to object runcmd. Type and Subtype
X'0201'
Authority X'0000'.

Cause . . . . . : Either a system pointer or a data pointer can not be

resolved.

For a system pointer, it can not be resolved to object runcmd, type and

subtype X'0201', authorization X'0000', because either the named object
was
not in any context referred to or the correct object was located but the

user profile did not have the required authority.

The object types for common type or subtype codes follow:

-- 0100-Access group, 0201-Program, 0401-Library,

The program runcmd is in the liblist with *Public *all

Any ideas why it can't find the CL pgm?

Thanks,

Gary

On 6 Apr 2013 at 16:54, Midrange (Gary Kuznitz <docfxit@xxxxxxxxxxxx>)
commented about Re: Data not getting written to /tm:

Thanks for looking this up.

Comments below...

On 5 Apr 2013 at 23:44, CRPence (CRPence <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>)
commented about Re: Data not getting written to /tm:

No mention of release was noted [that part of the joblog, along
with the message identifiers were omitted],

Sorry about that again. V4r4

but the following describes the
/same/ symptom string assuming my guess about the first MsgId is
correct. The symptom string as I would have written it:

msgC2M3004 F/QC2IO FM/QC2RIOC1 FP/_Ropen stmt/28
T/QCPEXPRT TM/QCPEXPRT TP/Check_tofile_parameter stmt/1130

The V5R3M0 APAR SE23148 has the symptom string quoted from the
following link:
http://www.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=nas2131452d21aaf08d586257
0bb004215ad "OSP-DB-MSGC2M3004-F/QC2IO-T/QCPIMPRT FILE NOT OPENED
..."

More comments inline: