I did a little searching and verified that messages in the form "File QACP###### created in library QTEMP" do seem to imply the v5r2 support is being used, plus that the v5r2 support is the /old implementation/ I had noted. I could not created the QCPTOIMPF data area to test the effects and further confirm, due to lack of authority.

So anyhow, it seems likely that the system being used to perform the CPYTOIMPF is using the deprecated support. If so, I would strongly suggest that those data areas be eliminated; that all import and export requests should be updated to use the new support [i.e. for the current release; whatever that is] in conjunction with the removal of any data areas forcing the features down their v5r2 code path.

Document Number: 553810605
Functional Area: DB2 for i5/OS
Subfunctional Area: CPYTOIMPF, CPYFRMIMPF, CPYTOSTMF, CPYFRMSTMF
Sub-Subfunctional Area: Copy To/From ImportFile or StreamFile
OS/400 Release: 5.4.5; 6.1; 6.1.1; 7.1; V5R3M0; V5R3M5; V5R4M0; V5R4M5; V6R1M0; V6R1M1; V7R1M0
http://www-912.ibm.com/s_dir/SLKBase.nsf/1ac66549a21402188625680b0002037e/f2e5bfd28245fbaa862576dc004e3d55?OpenDocument
"Document Title
Removal of CPYFRMIMPF and CPYTOIMPF 'CPV5R2' Behavior Data Areas

Document Description
This is a document to assist customers in moving away from using the CPYFRMIMPF and CPYTOIMPF data areas that cause V5R2 versions of the code to run. There was a major code rewrite for the CPYFRMIMPF and CPYTOIMPF commands at V5R3M0. This caused several changes to how the commands run and function. ..."

Document Number: 624264439
Functional Area: DB2 for i5/OS
Subfunctional Area: CPYTOIMPF, CPYFRMIMPF, CPYTOSTMF, CPYFRMSTMF
Sub-Subfunctional Area: Copy To/From ImportFile or StreamFile
OS/400 Release: 5.4.5; 6.1; 6.1.1; 7.1; V5R4M0; V5R4M5; V6R1M0; V6R1M1; V7R1M0
http://www-912.ibm.com/s_dir/slkbase.NSF/1ac66549a21402188625680b0002037e/46709df8f0c7a3ff8625799e006028e5?OpenDocument&ExpandSection=2%2C3#_Section2
"Document Title
CPYFRMIMPF and CPYTOIMPF Data Areas

Document Description
This document describes the different data areas that can be used for CPYFRMIMPF and CPYTOIMPF.

1. Data areas to force the V5R2 code paths

These two data areas force the CPYFRMIMPF/CPYTOIMPF to use the V5R2 code paths. ..."