Nope. AFaIK the "AS" keyword is always optional. The "AS" is even optional when a correlation-clause is required; e.g. required, as with the NTE. See table-reference in the docs, then position to text "correlation-clause" where the "AS" is shown to be optional\assumed:
http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/iseries/v7r1m0/topic/db2/rbafztabref.htm
_i table-reference i_
"...
correlation-clause