Some new data

This morning, I got two "most recent buffer" dumps (a diagnostic function I built into my emulator) from crashed sessions, and analyzed them.

The two dumps are very different from each other, although they're both complete TN5250 packets, both with "put/get" opcodes:

The first one I got has a WTD command, putting "Press Enter to continue." in blue, on row 19, and "F3=Exit F12=Cancel" on row 23, followed by a READ MDT command, and the end of the packet.

I had the support rep ask the customer whether that particular session crash occurred before or after the user pressed an AID key.

The second one I got has a "Save Partial Screen" command, specifying the entire screen, followed by a "Clear Format Table," then a WTD that goes to row 5, column 14, then has a "Write To Display Structured Field" order that builds a window (default everything) starting there, then systematically does SBA and RTA orders to fill the window with blank spaces, before the packet ends.

Following the example of the 5494 controller function reference, I treat all "Save Partial Screen" commands as "Save screen"; even if I didn't, the command specified the entire screen anyway.

I'm drawing a blank, but I have some ideas for additional diagnostics (like adding the "last buffer sent" to the buffer-dump diagnostic, and giving timestamps to both the last-received and last-sent.

Any ideas?

--
JHHL