Jim Oberholtzer
Chief Technical Architect
Agile Technology Architects

On 3/24/2013 6:59 AM, A Paul wrote:
Thanks Keith, I created a file to store the parameters(first field is program_name, so it lets others to add parameters for their programs as well) , if my PF has more than one record in future, will RCVF fail? or do I use OPNQRYF to point to record?

From: Keith McCully<keithmccully@xxxxxxxxx>
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion<midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, 24 March 2013, 1:36
Subject: Re: soft coding parameters

If you expect the command parameters not to change too much, then you could
store the parameters as separate fields in a physical file with a single
record. You could also include the library as a field, so RTVOBJD no longer
necessary.

To implement declare the file via DCLF fileName. This will automatically
add the fields as variables at compile time - see the listing.

RCVF will open the file at run time and load the fields into the program
variables from the single record.

If little or no ongoing maintenance is required the just use SQL or DFU to
populate the fields.