On 3/19/2013 9:46 PM, Frank wrote:

Hi Folks, I'm unable to install ptf's from fix central since my pc got updated to Win7. Has anyone else had this happen to them? I've always used the default;

Download individual fixes directly to my system
(requires Java enabled browser)

and when I click on continue I get the download fixes box with a red X in the upper left.

I've tried the install a few times and initially was told to install a java update and after several minutes I get a msg java warning - security that I can't expand on, when I click on the warning the screen doesn't appear.

Before I call support I figured I'd ask if anyone has had similar issues with Win7.

I've never been able to download fixes directly to the IBM i, not even
when Windows XP was on the desktop. Could never tell if it was a Java
thing or an internal network thing, but I didn't care because I could
download to my PC - which has a shared drive pointing to the IBM i.

I'm on Windows 7 now, but I haven't tried a direct download to the
system. I use Firefox as my browser, and when I recently downloaded
TR6, I got the dreaded 'Java is not secure' message. It took me several
times to be quick enough to click the 'Run anyway' link but eventually
it worked as expected.
--buck