Thanks chuck for you valuable information.

________________________________
From: CRPence <CRPbottle@xxxxxxxxx>
To: midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Wednesday, 13 March 2013 2:15 PM
Subject: Re: Not logged to the system.

On 13 Mar 2013 11:21, John Mathew wrote:
Do I need to write the logic in program and place them in some
particular location, from there QPWDVLDPGM will pick up.
is it that way.

  Effectively.  Write a "Validate Password Exit Program" according to
the definition of the two parameters.  The value of the second parameter
[the "Return indicator"] is an output to the system interface [Change
Password (CHGPWD) command or Change Password (QSYCHGPW) API] that was
invoked to change the password.  The value directs whether the user code
has chosen to accept or reject the /new password/ chosen by the user,
and thus the indication to the system code is to respond in-kind; i.e.
that the system code should accept or reject the new password.

  After the code is written and the *PGM object created, the program
name needs to be registered to the Registration Facility; e.g. using
WRKREGINF and then ADDEXITPGM for the Exit Point named
QIBM_QSY_VLD_PASSWRD.  The system value QPWDVLDPGM must then be modified
to direct the feature to the Registration Facility to locate the program
which should perform validation; i.e. CHGSYSVAL QPWDVLDPGM *REGFAC to
change the system value... I am not sure if the *REGFAC might need to be
delimited with apostrophes.  Test\debug the program with a request to
CHGPWD at an interactive display; probably best also test an interface
that uses the QSYCHGPW API, taking care to resolve any concerns with
"Length of new password" as alluded in the docs.  Note: to minimize
impact to actual password change requests, the earliest iterations of
the coding might best set the return indicator to '1' and then
immediately return whenever the user for the job is not the one that
will be used for testing.