Here is what I did 15 years ago:

CPYF FROMFILE(FTP20P2) TOFILE(QTEMP/FTP20P2) FROMMBR(*ALL) TOMBR(*FROMMBR) +
MBROPT(*NONE) CRTFILE(*YES)
MONMSG MSGID(CPF2817)

CLRPFM FILE(QTEMP/FTP20P2) MBR(FTPCMDS)

OVRDBF FILE(FTP20P2) TOFILE(QTEMP/FTP20P2) MBR(FTPCMDS)
OVRDBF FILE(INPUT) TOFILE(QTEMP/FTP20P2) MBR(FTPCMDS)
/* OVRDBF FILE(OUTPUT) TOFILE(QTEMP/FTP20P2) MBR(FTPLOG) */
/* By commenting this command the FTP process prints the +
log file to the screen. Uncommenting the command will +
print and save the log in ____/FTP20P2/FTPLOG */
IF COND(&EXIT *EQ 'LOG') THEN(OVRDBF FILE(OUTPUT) TOFILE(QTEMP/FTP20P2) +
MBR(FTPLOG))

FTP RMTSYS(&M1HOST)

File FTP20P2 is a script file built with RPG that has the script for the FTP session. That is pretty straight forward to do, including catting in the file name for each FTP session.

The whole process is shown at

http://www.martinvt.com/Subfiles/FTP_Utility/ftp_utility.html

But all you are really interested in is the idea of creating the script file and then copying it to QTEMP and then overriding the file INPUT to the script's QTEMP/file/member.