SI43585 was already applied on my system when I checked. I watched the SRC's from my HMC and it still did an extra IPL. Did you see the BRMS PTF go in temporarily before you IPL'ed? If so, maybe it indeed was a timing issue on your first system and no big deal that the PTF applied before the IPL. I still think instyp(*dlyall) should delay ALL PTFs. I thought it was a smooth process too.

-----Original Message-----
From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of rob@xxxxxxxxx
Sent: Tuesday, March 05, 2013 12:04 PM
To: midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: PTF apply for latest cumes, groups and TR6.

I will say the PTF apply for TR6 went much better than the apply for TR5.
It all seems like one IPL for me. Long as snot but still appearing as
just one IPL.

What I did was ensure that I had the magical ptf SI43585 on and applied.
Then I ran the
APYPTF LICPGM(5770999) APY(*PERM) DELAYED(*YES)
repeating for every LPP that wasn't Domino related.
Put the discs into image catalogs (running from the disc itself will force
you to do multiple manual IPLs - documented!).
Ran the INSPTF LICPGM((*ALL)) DEV(OPTVRT01) INSTYP(*DLYALL)
Did all this the day before.

Then when the day of reckoning appeared I did my normal saves and IPL and
it all worked.
GO LICPGM, 50 looks good.
WRKPTFGRP looks good
DSPPTF looks good.

I even loaded up the image catalogs again and tried the INSPTF again but I
got a message sort of like "Dude, they are all already here."

Repeated on two lpars.

Much better. This will make it much easier for my coworkers who will
assist me on the other lpars.