But Rob, in a lot of shops those ARE the standards :)

On 3/5/2013 3:44 PM, rob@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
Reasonable and clear.
If the developer disagreed they should have spoken about it up front. For
example, if your requirements were:
- No ILE concepts including, but not limited to: service programs,
subprocedures, binding directories, multiple module programs, etc.
- All RPG variables must be 6 characters or less.
- No free format in RPG.
- Use of subroutines is discouraged and code should all be inline.
- Use of CALL is discouraged and code should be copied into the program.
- Use of /copy is discouraged.

Now I might object, strenuously. And I would try to get you to change
your mind. If we could not reach a compromise then I would have to make a
decision as to whether or not I needed the money that badly but I would
follow your directions. I would reserve the right to bring up the
discussion in the future.