From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Peter Thomas
Sent: Thursday, February 28, 2013 7:13 PM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: RE: Aldon and file promotions

___________

Note: This e-mail is subject to the disclaimer contained at the bottom of
this message.
___________

For some reason Aldon doesn't seem to be removing the dependent objects when
it moves from I to Q or from Q to P.
I know that the objects are not there due to other dependencies as I
followed some instructions on the Aldon support web site to clean up the
*CRTNONRES objects and we dropped from around 1500 to about 300.
The problem may be caused by the recursive way Aldon decides which objects
are dependents. For example, we have a few logical files which are joins to
other files. When the physical file is promoted we not only get the logical
for the physical being promoted but it includes the joined physical and all
its logical etc. These extra physicals remain in the environments as
*CRTNONRES.

Peter Thomas
INSURE/90 Consultant, BTS
CGU Insurance