On 28 Feb 2013 08:36, DrFranken wrote:
The system had not been IPLed in 2 years prior to this work and
there are a bunch of PTFs in SAVE FILE ONLY in QGPL so I
wouldn't put it past their previous admin to have had some PTFs
ready to apply at this IPL.

I actually presumed the History or the SCPF joblog had been reviewed for that already, so what I had described was only about PTFs that had been applied *IMMED in the past 2yr for which PTF /activation/ would have transpired only since this latest pwrdwn\IPL. That type of PTF activity, an activation, would likely no longer be visible; neither in the history nor any joblogs; although perhaps in the PTF database for any date-applied information that might be available.

For any PTF activity specific to that IPL, beyond implicit PTF activations per the IPL for old PTF activity, so basically apply\remove activity, I recall there is an INSTALL menu that has a pre-coded DSPLOG to find all install\PTF-related messages in QHST. And the request to WRKSPLF *SELECT SELECT(QSYS *N *N SCPF) will show the QPJOBLOG for the IPL, and that can be reviewed for any PTF activity as well; the SCPF joblog will also have logged anything odd that might have transpired.

FWiW, might also be worth looking at output for EDTRBDAP and EDTRCYAP [or whatever\wherever are the settings for SMAPP; I do not recall], and reviewing the joblogs and history of the QDBSRVXR and QDBSRVXR2 jobs. If those jobs are /in peril/ they send "help me" messages to QSYSOPR, and functional difficulties with those jobs can be manifest in other jobs as waits [though for CLRLIB QTEMP, no work should be enqueued to those jobs; but that was one of the corrections noted in a v5r3 PTF in a prior reply, and I do not know if DLTF of a file in QTEMP was in prior releases improperly sending some work to the *DBXREF].