RCLSTG is probably the answer; whatever you can do to rebuild the look-aside map. All the QTEMP stuff goes in a separate range of single-level-storage addresses, because when the job ends all the memory and disk sectors go right back into the available pool. Adding the extra memory may have spread the look-aside map into a place where it isn't efficient.

-----Original Message-----
From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of DrFranken
Sent: Thursday, February 28, 2013 9:48 AM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: Re: qtemp performance oddity.

Dan,

Memory DIMMs are all identical (FC #3002) we just filled the drawer with
6 more sticks.

I created a 10G File in QTEMP with CRTDUPOBJ and that took just under 5 minutes. That would certainly overload the 2G memory they have. Clearing QTEMP took no time and signing off with that object in there also took no time either.

What the users have in QTEMP is a whole set of file (At least a dozen) with PFs, LFs etc but I don't think they have any significant quantity of data in there. The files get created when they go into System-21 and stay there until they sign off.

- Larry "DrFranken" Bolhuis

www.frankeni.com
www.iDevCloud.com
www.iInTheCloud.com