Shared processor, but I am not concerned with processor min/max at this point.

I want to power off a partition that currently has some resource assigned to it. My feelings are that once powered off, that resource should be up for grabs if I so desire. Unfortunately it appears that the first time you power on a partition with XYZ resource assignment, then those resources aren't available again until you DLPAR, or change profile to absolute minimums then reactivate, or remove the profile completely.

The idea is to make all those resources available to other partitions without removing the profile. I am aware I can DLPAR everything but the absolute minimum, or change the profile and reactivate with absolute minimums.

Hope this makes sense....even though it may not be possible. I am chasing intuition here.....

Bradford Lovelady

Operating Systems Engineer
Technology Infrastructure Services

Wells Fargo Bank l 200 Wildwood Pkwy l Birmingham, AL 35209
MAC W2691-010
Tel 205-938-1999 l Cell 205-826-2834

brad.lovelady@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Wells Fargo Confidential

This message may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not the addressee or authorized to receive this for the addressee, you must not use, copy, disclose, or take any action based on this message or any information herein. If you have received this message in error, please advise the sender immediately by reply e-mail and delete this message.  Thank you for your cooperation.