Gentlemen,

Looks my management has agreed for me to do the following steps at the remote site on Monday 03/04.
Since the Hardware is not under IBM Support if I needed assistance I would not be able to call them for help.

Would anyone on this list be willing for me to call them Monday if I needed additional help?
It would really be appreciated.

Thanks,
Rogers

o Insert the CD labeled "I_BASE_01" (it should have Licensed Internal Code or LIC written on it) into the system CD/DVD drive (preferably the newest CD that you can find that matches your currently installed operating system i.e. V5R3, V5R4, etc. -- usually indicated by a re-spin or revision code beginning with RS* example: RSB, RSF, RSK, etc.).
o Change the front panel of the system to MANUAL mode (Use the front panel buttons to change/increment the 01 to 02 and press the accept button -- usually the middle one -- and continue to adjust each letter from there until the panel shows "02 D M")
o Once the system shows "02 D M", change the 02 back to 01 so the front panel shows "01 D M" and press the accept button and confirm the change.
o Once the front panel shows "01 D M", sign on to the HMC and Shutdown the Server then Start it back up and IPL from the CD.
o This will usually take 30-45 minutes and will then display a screen on the console to select a language for the Licensed Internal Code (LIC). Select the language 2924 if requested and press <enter> to confirm.
o The first menu should show an Option 1 to Install Licensed Internal Code. Take this option and press <enter>.
o The next menu should show an Option 2 to Install Licensed Internal Code and Initialize System. Take this option and press <enter>.
o Press the appropriate function key (usually F10) to continue the install of the Licensed Internal Code (LIC). The system will initialize the load source drive and install LIC from the CD. This process usually takes about 60 to 90 minutes, sometimes longer.
o Once the load source is initialized and LIC installation is complete, the system will perform an IPL of the Licensed Internal Code (LIC).
o You may get a couple of messages regarding disk or console settings, just press F10 as necessary to continue through these messages.
o The system should then take you to IPL / Install Operating System / Dedicated Service Tools (DST) menu.
o Take the option to go into DST (usually option 3)
o Sign on to DST with user profile QSECOFR and pwd QSECOFR (all caps).
o Take the option to Work with Disk Units -- usually option 4.
o Take the option to Work with Disk Configuration -- usually option 1.
o Take the option to Work with ASP Configuration -- usually option 3.
o Take the option to Add Units to the ASPs -- usually option 3.
o Type a "1" in front of all the available disk drive (DASD) units on the screen (you may need to page down to get all of them) and press <enter> to confirm. (You may get some messages regarding disk or DASD settings, press F10 as necessary to continue through these messages.) The process to add these drives may take up to two hours, depending on your system and the quantity and size of disk drives you are adding.
o Once the drives are added, power down the system by pressing the white power button on the front panel. Some systems require you to press the button a second time and some require you to hold the button down for several seconds until it starts to shut down. Otherwise, you can just unplug it and you are done!

This E-Mail transmission (and/or the documents accompanying it)
may contain information belonging to the sender which is confidential,
privileged and/or exempt from disclosure under applicable law. The
information is intended only for the use of the individual(s) or entity
named above. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby
notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or the taking of any
prohibited. If you have received this E-Mail transmission in error,
please immediately notify us by return E-Mail or telephone to arrange
for return of its contents including any documents.