Jim,

Can't speak for the STRPCCMD because performance will be entirely dependent on how fast your IFS shares perform. History has shown Netserver shares can be very sloooow. Miileage may vary.

If you were using something like HTTP, CGI or our OFCRUNPC and OFCTFR commands they are fast because we DO NOT rely on file shares at all. It's all IP traffic.

We have customers doing this in Citrix mode and it works fine. As long as your network and Citrix servers perform well.

Again mileage may vary.

I would be remiss if I didn't mention that our WebDocs iSeries product can be used to augment or replace Content Manager. Our imaging client viewer could also be tweaked to possibly handle the weird file extensions for you. We did this for a CM customer several years back where wanted to maintain all the old file names.

Regards,
Richard Schoen
RJS Software Systems Inc.
Where Information Meets Innovation
Document Management, Workflow, Report Delivery, Forms and Business
Intelligence
Email: richard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Web Site: http://www.rjssoftware.com
Tel: (952) 736-5800
Fax: (952) 736-5801
Toll Free: (888) RJSSOFT

message: 5
date: Tue, 26 Feb 2013 22:56:12 -0500
from: "franz400" <franz400@xxxxxxx>
subject: Re: view ifs image and specify viewer with strpccmd

I know several have suggested a quick copy to a .tif name.
This is not hard to code, but we are having a concern for the performance.
This company has a large and continuous group of people viewing
images constantly. Yes - Content Manager is big & bulky, but it is
tightly integrated into many apps throughout the co. Our need is to get
around an issue
for a separate other large group of users needing just
a simple view image from the 5250 session (and there is Citrix involved
which
is causing the local versus remote sessions to act diff ).
My thought was to remove Content Manager from the equation, and use
just the native Win Fax Viewer via the STRPCCMD.
I appreciate all the suggestions and will test the "temp copy" tomorrow.
Jim Franz