I don't think that's an approved method by DOD. Rob's idea is the easiest I can think of unless IBM is willing to cough up temp keys for a week or so.

Jim Oberholtzer
Chief Technical Architect
Agile Technology Architects

On 2/22/2013 10:42 AM, Mark D wrote:
On 2/22/2013 8:37 AM, Laine, Rogers wrote:
> Morning,
>
> We have a 9117 MMA that has not been access in the past 12 months.
> Now management would like to sell this equipment but the 2.5TB of disk storage needs to be Sanitized before it can be sold.
> Here are the issues I need to overcome.
>

> 1. The only access to the system is by using the HMC console.

Sounds like it would be a lot easier to just pull the drives and put
them in a pc server and do the wipe with shred on linux.

Thanks,
Mark