To Dan, Bob and Scott: I am taking your

Thank you for your comments and advice.

-----Original Message-----
From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Scott Klement
Sent: Wednesday, February 20, 2013 2:28 PM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: Re: GS1 Company Prefix

I used SSCC-18's, but we had a proper company prefix. I'm pretty sure you're not allowed to use your DUNS number!

On 2/20/2013 10:33 AM, Gary Thompson wrote:
I am in early testing of an EDI 856 Advance Ship Notice app.

One detail concerning me is the "Company Prefix" that part of the
SSCC-18 Serial Shipping Container Code.

I did ask for a GS1 Company number, but my company has balked at
paying.

At this time I am using our 9 digit company DUNS number as the Company
Prefix.

I have been able to gen 20 digit numbers with a check digit that
passes a Check Digit Calculator available on the web.

Does anyone have current, real-world experience using a DUNS number to
form an SSCC-18 ?

Thanks!

P.S.
I am using the following "structure" for the SSCC-18:

AAeCCCCCCCsssssssssD

Where: AA Application Identifier (AI)

("00" is the AI value for SSCC-18 data structure)

e Extension digit (has no defined use and is
used as an extra digit for the Company
Prefix and Serial Number combination).

CCCCCCC Company Prefix of 7-10 digits. (9 for my app)

sssssssss Serial Reference of 6-9 digits. (7 for my app)

The total length of the Company Prefix and
Serial Reference is 16.
(17 if the Extension Digit is used ??)

D Modulo 10 Check Digit.