Ok, I've been ftping my virtual tape images to the other system. Now I
have my control group modified so that a CL programs now does in one exit
what used to be done in a couple of exits. Therefore I do not have to put
SAVMEDIBRM as a control group step - thus possibly generations
unpredictable results. However upon the completion of the dupmedbrm on
the receiving system I do not see the tape associated with the sending
system. For example
GDWEB saves to virtual
GDWEB ftp's the virtual to GDWEB2.
GDWEB2 does the DUPMEDBRM.

But two things are wrong in my book.

One, the volume created, BR0101, shows up in
WRKMEDBRM SYSNAME(GDI1.GDWEB2)
and not in
WRKMEDBRM SYSNAME(APPN.GDWEB)

Two, when I do a
WRKLNKBRM DIR('/Domino/XQP02/data')
and use option 9=Work with directory information
I only see
Date Time Save Volume Expiration
Saved Saved Type Serial Date
03/09/12 23:15:45 *FULL BR0037 03/04/13
06/09/12 10:13:20 *FULL BR0195 06/04/13
09/08/12 00:51:06 *FULL BR0188 09/03/13
12/07/12 23:11:55 *FULL BR0247 12/02/13
02/05/13 05:02:24 *FULL BR0100 02/19/13
I would also like to see BR0101. Not only am I not seeing that but I am
not seeing what I see in
WRKMEDBRM SYSNAME(APPN.GDWEB)
which was:
Volume Creation Expiration
Serial Status Date Date Location

BR0037 *ACT 03/09/12 03/05/13 IRONMTN
BR0100 *ACT 02/05/13 02/19/13 IRONMTN
BR0188 *ACT 09/08/12 09/03/13 IRONMTN
BR0195 *ACT 06/09/12 06/04/13 IRONMTN
BR0247 *ACT 12/07/12 12/02/13 IRONMTN
VRT001 *EXP 02/16/13 02/17/13 *HOME

When I use 13=Display contents on VRT001 I see:
(No entries found matching search criteria)
Hmm, that's not good either, eh? I thought stuff stayed on expired tapes
until they were reused or initialized?
I can load the virtual tape on to the virtual device, perform a DSPTAP,
and I see:
Data file label . . . . . . . . . : SAV20130216
File sequence . . . . . . . . . . : 0000000001
Data file label . . . . . . . . . : QUSRBRM
File sequence . . . . . . . . . . : 0000000002