I've run this on all of my lpars that host a guested lpar:

My thought process was that, since I am doing a full system save of each
guest, why waste the time and tape to resave it on the hosting lpar also?
This will make a serious reduction in system downtime.

Yes, if I have a serious disaster and lose my disk on my HOST and have to
restore from scratch the guested lpar will have some additional downtime
while I initialize virtual disks and do an OS restore instead of something
as simple as a stream file restore of the network storage spaces on to the
host. But, that would be a fine time to change from one or two odd sized
virtual drives to 6 or 7 like sized virtual drives.