On Wed, Feb 6, 2013 at 4:27 PM, John Yeung <gallium.arsenide@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Unfortunately, iSeries Python doesn't have a convenient way of
accessing user spaces, that I know of. Someone had built one for an
older version of Python, running on V5R2, using various APIs; but
predictably, this can't be used for today's Python on today's i.

Coincidentally, I just learned that someone has ported the obsolete
user space routines (as well as a few other APIs) to run on the
current iSeries Python. So in fact it's not too difficult to work
with user spaces in Python after all. (In my opinion, easier in
Python than in RPG.)

John