Von: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] Im Auftrag von Barbara Morris
Gesendet: Saturday, 09.2 2013 02:05
An: midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Betreff: Re: How to Find what module a procedure is located in

On 2/8/2013 11:41 AM, Alan Campin wrote:
Better way to do executing a system command. Only need one parameter,
the command. Converts to a C string which is what the system api is
expecting.
This is designed as a copy block. Include in d specs and at end of
procedure.

Me, I don't like the system() API. If the command fails, it removes the
message from the joblog, and then you can only get the message ID, from a
field defined with import('_EXCP_MSGID'). The message ID isn't as useful as
the real message with its replacement values, especially if it was an
unexpected error.

With your wrapper, you could call QCMDEXC or QCAPCMD instead.

--
Barbara