On 07 Feb 2013 03:45, Raul A. Jager W. wrote:
I think I will use the triggers.
I will also look for an "exit point" on opening the file, maybe I
can limit the open to only read.

No reason to "look for". That is the Database Open exit. But as with ALWDLT(*NO), the Database Open exit will not enable preventing Clear because that method is not implemented using Data Management Open; a delete trigger will still be desirable even if the exit prevents all but read-only opens.

For reference: