Don, if you had to rebuild your system, how long do you figure it would
take you using your current backup method.

On Tue, Feb 5, 2013 at 7:14 PM, Jim Oberholtzer <midrangel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
wrote:

The point of the original post was not for keeping a save file for
occasional backups or transferring files, yes we have been doing that
for some time. The poster was considering using a USB attached device
for a primary back up medium. Larry's point was USB attached storage of
that type will be too slow and unreliable as compared to tape.

If your discussing Winders, then make sure you point that out, since not
everyone on the list will understand it.

Jim Oberholtzer
Chief Technical Architect
Agile Technology Architects