All I can say is that if people think that ILE is complex and it is not,
wait until they try Java and Frameworks or C#. ILE RPG is so simple and
clean compared to writing for frameworks and all the stuff that goes with
it.

And finally, if you think you are going to stick you head in the sand and
write RPG III and that is all you will ever need, good luck with that one.
AS400 are vanishing right and left and new development is going to other
platforms precisely because people on the AS/400 will not change. I have
spoken with 5 different companies in the last few months and all of them
getting rid of the AS/400.