Maybe to the OP - things like this are extensions to a particular flavor of RDBMS. Dan is speaking of the actual Java code to accomplish.

I think JDBCR4 is open source - a person could add such a feature easily, I think.

OTOH, isn't the default schema an attribute you can set on the JDBC connection string? Just wondering.