On 03 Feb 2013 06:53, Gerald Kern wrote:
Let's say I'm looking through random jobs via WRKACTJOB, either
submitted to batch by a user or from the job scheduler, or
interactive sessions called from a menu (driven by a CL program),
or even browser jobs running under QHTTPSVR.

Does anyone know how to 'somewhat' easily identify if/when programs
are running in OPM mode?

As others have said, that is a somewhat nebulous description. But presuming it means either that the job is running no ILE or that you can infer meaning from looking at what is OPM and what is ILE to draw your conclusion from whatever is the intended meaning of "OPM mode", then:

From WRKACTJOB I would use option 10="Display call stack" to review what of the programs in the stack are OPM [no "ILE" information] and what of the programs in the stack are ILE. The *PGMSTK information is of course only a snapshot. Although I suppose some jobs might be presumed to start with a base program which remains active through the job, and perhaps there could be something relevant if that /first/ program is either ILE or OPM. Or use the 5=Work with Job from which there is the same effect as above, but using option 11="Display Call Stack". With both of those paths to get the active program stack, to see which Activation Group is associated with the ILE invocations, use F11="Display activation group". Also from 5="Work with Job", to possibly infer something only about what ILE had been activated, there is the 18="Display activation groups"; depending on what defines "OPM mode" this *may* be sufficient to draw some conclusions from seeing what activations had been established but not yet reclaimed in the job being reviewed.

If instead of via WRKACTJOB, as described, both the PgmStk and ActGrp information from the WRKJOB are available via APIs:
. Retrieve Call Stack (QWVRCSTK) API
. Open List of Activation Group Attributes (QWVOLAGP) API