My old box have a tcp connectivity, I was thinking to use save files to transfer data to power7 box and I'm having v4r3 in my old box.

I have the source codes of all old programs. So I guess that will b ok.

Sent via BlackBerry® from Dialog

-----Original Message-----
From: DrFranken <midrange@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sender: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 01 Feb 2013 11:48:53
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion<midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: System 36 and Machine 36

This is absolutely a source code migration. You can restore the files
and convert them as has been mentioned. The source code is required for
this migration as well as the S36 versions of the compilers. The S/36
OCL will run in the S/36 environment. If you have ALL of that then you
can do a migration.

You will need some flavor of tape compatibility to get that data moved
or a very old machine that supports M36 and then configure
communications between the M36 and OS/400 to move the stuff. Wow my head
hurts just trying to remember THAT configuration...

- Larry "DrFranken" Bolhuis