Today, a different single file was not saved. It was:

/QIBM/ProdData/OS/OSGi/LWI71/runtime/isc/eclipse/plugins/com.ibm.isclite_7.1.1.6.jar

The jt400.jar file that was NOT saved yesterday WAS saved today. I made no
changes.

And the BRMS recovery report run this morning says I need both yesterday's
and today's tape for recovery. I thought "good news!" in that it would
tell me I needed yesterday's tape to recover the file mentioned above. But
it was not to be. The reason BRMS says I need yesterday's tape is because
I deleted an old test library yesterday. I need yesterday's tape to
restore that now deleted library. No reference to needing it for *LINK
restore.

Evidently BRMS doesn't keep data to the same level of granularity on *LINK.
I may just open a PMR later and see what the IBM BRMS people have to say
on this.