See if this helps.

http://www-912.ibm.com/s_dir/SLKBase.nsf/1ac66549a21402188625680b0002037
e/5197341657f9f57e86257655005736ff?OpenDocument&ExpandSection=-1

<quote>

Windows 7 changed its default client security policy to use NTLMv2
authentication and has completely disabled the use of LanMan (LM)
password encryption. As a result, a case-insensitive password can not be
sent from Windows 7. This can make connecting to NetServer more
difficult; however, it is a good idea because LanMan password encryption
can be easily deciphered using any number of easily obtainable programs.

</quote>

<quote>
Changing the security policy (Network security: LAN Manager
authentication level) on the Windows 7 machine to Send LM & NTLM
without a domain name being specified. This makes a difference when
using the NET USE command. If a domain name is not specified and NTLMv2
is being used, the credentials will be rejected. However, with NTLM
enabled, the credentials will be accepted without the domain name being
included. The password will still have to be typed in lower case if the
i is running at QPWDLVL 0 or 1.

</quote>

Terry Anderson
Programming Manager
Grede LLC.
Switchboard 1.251.867.5481 ext 212
Direct Line 1.251.809.2312
Fax 251.867.0525
Cell 1.251.363.4975

message: 1
date: Tue, 29 Jan 2013 12:19:36 -0500
from: Michael Ryan <michaelrtr@xxxxxxxxx>
subject: Re: Mapping a network drive

You may need to specify the username in the form domain\username, using
the domain specified in the NetServer setup. There was a thread about
that in here not long ago.

On Tue, Jan 29, 2013 at 12:17 PM, Gary Kuznitz <docfxit@xxxxxxxxxxxx>