All,

I've spent a couple of weeks re-engineering our nightly BRMS backup to be
as much save-while-active (SWA) as possible (the subject of a rather long
thread here).

I put it in production today and it ran flawlessly except for one little
hiccup. This *LINK object, /QOpenSys/QIBM/ProdData/acsi/lib/jt400.jar, was
not saved because it was in use. This was at 4:19am with no users signed
on. Controlling subsystem would have been started about 1 hour earlier,
and subsystem QHTTPSVR would have been ended when the error occurred.

When I drilled down in Navigator, it did indicate the file had been used
today, but does not give a time. There is no WRKOBJLCK equivalent for IFS
files, but I found this online CALL QP0FPTOS PARM(*LSTOBJREF
'/ifspath/ifsfile' *FORMAT2) that showed me there were no locks on it now.
<g>

I had tested the *LINK save as SWA close to a dozen times over the past 10
days and this particular file never showed up as being in use. My question
is, essentially, why today? Was this a fluke? How can I find out what was
using this file at that time?

I did download and stage the latest Java group PTF yesterday afternoon, to
be applied the next IPL, if that makes a difference.

I just don't want this file getting missed every day.