From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Tim Bronski
Sent: Monday, January 28, 2013 9:32 AM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: Re: Ftping large files w/o timing out

That's where I don't see the PASV/EPSV being relevant. The doc you sent me
describes a problem that's relevant to establishing data connections.
Once a data connection is made then it's irrelevant which command was used.
So, if you're able to create a connection and send a file then whichever
passive command you used works. The issue with large files is due to
timeouts on the control connection when the transfer on the data connection
takes too long. Perhaps something else solved the issue.