Re: RAID 6 versus RAID 5; your experience with RAID6?

fixed

Yes I have it running at several clients. Assuming that disk busy was not high before ( meaning < 20% ) and you have the newer controller cards ( SAS ) you should not see a performance difference. We also turn on hot spare.

Jim Oberholtzer
Chief Technical Architect
Agile Technology Architects