On 03 Jan 2013 12:30, Scott Schollenberger wrote:
I might at this point attempt [after copying the MSD and
vlogs\pals to media], to reinstall

The only instructions I can find in the IBM Software KB is for
copying MSD and vlogs to media from SST.

I can't get to SST.
I tried similarly names options from DST but received a message that
I had to IPL beyond Storage Management Recovery.

But then I don't think I'll be able to access DST again before the
IPL fails.

Any help?

That is where the manual step mode IPL is used [with ¿additionally the use of debug mode?]. At some point after LIC IPL activity, minimally after the SM Recovery, the DST should be available [with F16?]. Too long since I have done that. See something in the results from the following web search: