From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Jim Oberholtzer
Sent: Friday, December 28, 2012 2:02 PM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: Re: Remote power up of System i 520

Rob,

Remember the FSP is an independent device and it powers up and boots,
when power is applied to the system chassis without any intervention at
all. Your HMC connects to that, so in effect, you are connecting to a
powered up portion of the system. The FSP, which can control all the
hardware can then cause the SPCN network to power up all of the chassis
and devices it is aware of.

While power is has not been restored to the CEC and the expansion
chassis, the FSP is up and running.

Jim Oberholtzer
Chief Technical Architect
Agile Technology Architects