From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Jack Kingsley
Sent: Friday, December 21, 2012 11:21 AM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: Re: installing ptf cume packages via *SERVICE/SAVF

If you have downloaded many savf ptf's is there a command that would do a
ptf verification that you have all needed savf's prior to doing the new
installation.

On Fri, Dec 21, 2012 at 12:05 PM, CRPence <CRPbottle@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On 21 Dec 2012 10:14, Roberto José Etcheverry Romero wrote:
I still have to find out how to safely remove the savfs from QGPL

For PTF Save Files stored in *SERVICE [either via CPYPTF or PTFs
that were sent\ordered from the service support system]:

IBM i 7.1 Information Center -> IBM i and related software ->
Maintaining and managing IBM i and related software -> Using software
fixes -> Fixes concepts and terms _i Fix save files i_

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/iseries/v7r1m0/topic/rzam8/rz
am8fixsavefile.htm "... PTF save files and cover letters into *SERVICE
Consider deleting your save files after the fix has been permanently
applied, the system has been saved (SAVSYS), and you no longer want to
distribute the save file to another system. Use the Delete PTF
(DLTPTF) command or the Management Central cleanup function. For
instructions, see _Cleaning up fixes_ <ed: below> ..."

_i Cleaning up fixes i_

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/iseries/v7r1m0/topic/rzam8/rz
am8fixcleanup1.htm
"...
Deleting save files with the DLTPTF command

From the character-based interface, use the Delete Program Temporary
Fix (DLTPTF) command to delete PTF save files and cover letters. Do
not use the Delete File (DLTF) command to delete PTF save files. If
you use the DLTF command, the PTF function will not detect that you
deleted the save file.

Note: Fix save files and cover letters for a previous release are
removed during automatic cleanup if system logs are specified.

..."

--
Regards, Chuck
a moment to review the archives at