I agree with your suggestions, Dan. Though, I'd add one thing: The only thing I use the line numbers for is RRT/LLT blocks to changing the indenting level of code (shift the code to the right/left.) LPEX should have another way of doing that. (Or, maybe it does, but is really hard to find?)

I agree with pretty much everything you said here, though I do not use the "wonderful Java editors" you reference.

Especially the enter key breaking the line -- this drives me up the friggin' wall.