*I* know Eddie! I think I gave him a ride once or twice. How is Eddie
these days? Tell him Frankie says HI! :-)

- DrF

On 12/12/2012 11:22 AM, Paul Nelson wrote:
My model 170 is called Eddie.

Paul Nelson
Cell 708-670-6978
Office 512-392-2577
nelsonp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

-----Original Message-----
From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Doug Fuerst
Sent: Wednesday, December 12, 2012 8:53 AM
To: 'Midrange Systems Technical Discussion'
Subject: RE: Software Vendors (And US too) - A small rant

I still call z/OS MVS. No one seems to mind. And I call the z/Series
boxes
(whatever they are calling them at this point) "The processor." Funny,
but
no one thinks I don't know how it all works, although they may think I
am a
dinosaur (oh well, their mistake.)

Ah, for the days of 729's, 2401's, 1403's, 2540's, 7080's, and 2065's.

Doug

Doug Fuerst
Principal Consultant
BK Associates