From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Jim Oberholtzer
Sent: Tuesday, December 11, 2012 8:06 AM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: Re: Having trouble with PTFs

Pure speculation on my part at this point but: Was this machine upgraded
from earlier releases? If so was the step "Allocate Additional Space for
LIC" actually performed from the Prepare for
Install menu? It does require some additional downtime on the next
IPL, and it's not always needed, so many times it's overlooked.

I also wonder if it might work in this instance. Run it for V7R1M0?

The save file approach vs. the image catalog should not make a difference in
the process. It's merely a different way to approach the PTF installation.

Jim Oberholtzer
Chief Technical Architect
Agile Technology Architects